Regional Sales Manager
Sunrun Inc. is looking for a Regional Sales Manager.
Sunrun is the leading player in the home solar market. We help homeowners replace electricity they would otherwise purchase from the utility company with clean, attractively priced energy produced by a solar system that Sunrun owns and operates. Customers love our offering. In less than 5 years, we’ve built a base of tens of thousands of customers across the nation. Our business is highly disruptive to the large ($160 billion / year) public utility market; it brings consumers choice to an industry that has seen very little innovation over the past 100 years.
The Regional Sales Manager is a sales leadership position. The Regional Sales Manager will be responsible for organizing, motivating and leading a team of regional sales consultants. The Regional Sales Manager is accountable for the combined performance of the team and for ensuring that everyone within their team reaches their monthly and annual targets. The candidate will have a track record proven leadership abilities (communication, relationship building, training & development, hiring and firing), as well as direct sales experience to manage all aspects of the territory. The Incumbent must have the ability to train and evaluate sales consultants abilities, ensure the highest standards of sales skills and measurable sales results are being met and maintained, articulate Sunrun’s value proposition, manage and track opportunities through the sales pipeline, and demonstrate highly accurate forecasting ability while mentoring existing sales consultants on improving pipeline forecasting and ultimately increase revenue within their territory.
- Being primarily a leadership position the core competence of a successful Regional Sales Manager is their ability to manage, motivate, and mentor a team of sales consultants to move opportunities through the entire sales process and close sales.
- Work with Field Marketing specialists to ensure adequate lead generation, and with Inside Sales to ensure leads are being tracked and converted to opportunities and sales by consultants.
- Ensure that sales consultants are working effectively with Inside Sales, Field Marketing specialists, event coordinators and interns to maximize lead conversion and lead closure rates in their assigned territories, as well as managing their individual Pipelines to meet or exceed individual quotas.
- Work closely with the Field Marketing Manager and Field Marketing Specialists to ensure Marketing dollars are being used most effectively to generate high quality leads to feed Pipeline opportunities.
- Ensure Sunrun “best practices” are being used by each sales consultant in working with their assigned Inside Sales consultant. Ensure the highest level of attention is being paid to lead conversion rates. Using SFDC reports and regular meetings to manage and track the process of converting leads from raw to qualified, to site evaluations, and closed sales.
- Work with consultants and Director of Regional Sales to manage and analyze both individual sales Pipelines and regional Pipelines from SFDC Stage 3 to Stage 7c, to ensure and maintain highly accurate monthly S&OP forecasting.
- Produce and maintain detailed S&OP forecasts for their assigned region including regular updates and recommendations to ASP’s for the territories as well as competitive pricing analysis for the Director of Regional Sales and VP / GM of Residential and Light Commercial Business Unit.
- Ensure that all team members maintain professionalism and proper etiquette through all forms of communication.
- Prioritize multiple tasks in a fast paced team environment
- Assist the Residential Solar Consultants in closing business at customer sites when needed.
- Ability to handle all escalated pertinent customer concerns/issues with all necessary internal departments and stakeholders. These departments include Operations, Engineering, Legal, Finance, Marketing, Facilities and HR. Always to work as a team with internal departments.
- Provide accurate information both upwards to the Director of Regional Sales and downwards to Regional Sales Consultants, Inside Sales Consultants, Field Marketing specialists, Event Coordinators and Interns.
- May include direct sales responsibility for Residential and Light Commercial Sales projects.
- Co-create measurable and achievable regional quarterly objectives to address new business development, sales targets, managing existing business, and when necessary corporate objectives with the Director of Regional Sales and the VP / GM of Residential and Light Commercial Business Unit.
- Co-accountability with Sunrun Operations Managers for overall profitability of branch activities.
- Ownership of regional customer relations issues, both in a proactive and reactive capacity.
- Assist Director of Regional Sales in establishing, maintaining and communicating up-to-date customer requirements and competitive analysis for their region.
- Maintain a thorough and current knowledge of solar electric market conditions, rebate and tax incentives, and electric utility rate schedules.
- Minimum 5-10 years of management-level sales experience with a strong working knowledge of the Residential Solar Market and sales “best practices”.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain high attention to detail and accuracy in forecasting monthly, quarterly and annual sales for their region.
- Must have high ethics, integrity, and humility and have a desire to build world-class sales and support organization.
- Has managed both inside and outside sales personnel.
- Has been a sales manager in a growth technology or high-end construction industry, preferably the solar photovoltaic integrator industry.
- Has developed and executed tactical sales plans.
- Has a proven ability to transfer sales skills and knowledge to sales professionals under their direct management.
- Ability to utilize SFDC report creation for all tracking and forecasting activities.
- Proven leadership ability to influence, develop, and empower sales employees to achieve objectives with a strong “team” focus and approach.
We offer an attractive compensation and benefits package designed to reward you for your hard work and performance. Our benefits include competitive base pay, paid time off and health and welfare benefits such as medical, dental, vision and 401K.
Sunrun Inc. and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and make employment decisions on the basis of merit and business need. We hire without consideration to race, color, religion, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law.