Position Title: Business Development Manager
Aerospace Aftermarket industry experience, required
Jet Midwest is a full-service commercial aviation company, specializing in the sale and lease of commercial aircraft, engines and parts, with a focus on the Boeing fleet of aircraft. Jet Midwest is headquartered at the Kansas City International Airport.
Reporting directly to the Vice President of Business Development, the Business Development Manager is a highly visible position, which is responsible for marketing and selling our aviation components, directly to commercial end users and industry peers. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of the procurement process within their developed customer base, and hands on experience developing/implementing long term procurement programs within the aviation aftermarket industry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities included, but not limited to:
- Locates or proposes potential business deals by contacting potential partners; discovering and exploring opportunities.
- Manage set of existing customers as well as targeted growth accounts
- Opportunity identification, quotation, negotiation, completion of sale
- Ability and willingness to travel 30% (must hold valid passport) for Customer visits, trade shows, or other purposes
- Screens potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, and evaluating options.
- Develops negotiating strategies, company strategies and operations; examining risks and potentials; estimating partners' needs and goals.
- Closes new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; integrating contract requirements with business operations.
- Participates in and develops strategic planning, making recommendations based on the external competitive and market environments.
- Identifies, develops and organizes overall capture strategies for new business opportunities in the target market.
- Participates in preparation, negotiation, and finalization of contract documents with clients.
- Engages senior management on specific opportunities and collaborates on bid-no bid decisions.
- Bears overall responsibility for the preparation of presentations, qualifications, and proposal documents.
- Collaborates with operations and proposal staff to develop proposal budgets, outlines, and schedules.
- Represents Jet Midwest at trade shows, industry events, and customer visits
- All other duties as assigned by the Vice President of Business Development and/or Senior Management
Education and Experience:
- 5+ years of proven sales or Business Development experience, preferred
- Aerospace Aftermarket industry experience, required
- Established network of Airline and/or peer company procurement team members
- BS Degree, preferred or relevant industry related experience
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high growth sales environment.
- Proven track record of consistently meeting or exceeding assigned sales goals
- In-depth knowledge and experience in sales methodology with excellent closing and negotiation skills.
- Ability to understand and implement relationship building with customers based on needs.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
- Strong proficiency with MS Office and general office technology
- Proficiency in Quantum, preferred
- Professional, polished communication skills – oral and written
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Aviation & Aerospace, Kansas City Jobs, Aerospace Aftermarket